the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

(Come in under the shadow of this red rock)

Last night I dreamt that I was in a large desert - the sands were red like fire and the sky an incredible blue color. I had a huge piece of white fabric - thin and strong like flag material - and I was trying to build a tent or shelter with it. The wind was blowing so much that I couldn't control the fabric, but I finally got it set up, and I sat down underneath it. The wind stopped then, and I saw a friend of mine walking across the dune toward me. He sat down outside the shelter and said nothing. Then, he got up, and started to set the white fabric on fire. He lit one corner then the next, until the whole thing was burning. I was still underneath it, and I sort of tried to get out, but gave up quickly. The shelter burned around me, but the flames never touched me. When the fire extinguished itself, I was still sitting there, my friend had disappeared, and everything was as it had been at the beginning of the dream, except for the small pile of ash surrounding me. I got up and walked away from the scene, intending on finding my friend, but he had vanished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home