the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunrise and Stolidus

This bit of dialogue from the movie Clerks caught my attention the other day:

RANDAL: So you'll continue being miserable all the time, just because you don't have the guts to face change?

DANTE: My mother told me once that when I as three, my potty lid was closed, and instead of lifting it, I chose to shit my pants.

RANDAL: Lovely story.

DANTE: Point is - I'm not the kind of person that disrupts things in order to shit comfortably.


Yeah. That's pretty much Ol' Stolidus in a nutshell.

For Sunrise's sake, I've been trying to be "objective" about the situation, but that only worked for about a day, then I was right back to the hatin' (hence, "Stolidus") His indecisiveness and wishy-washiness are debilitating and he doesn't even realize it! He's just so fearful of everything. The man is not amoeboid, so I know he has a spine. . . perhaps it's made of gelatin?

~S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home