the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Vamos a jugar por la playa

The fire alarm went off right after I updated this thing yesterday, and of course it was 37 degrees and pouring down rain outside. Everybody was huddled in the breezeway of the building, but the cops made us all move out into the open, and into the elements. Ultimately, I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't want to be standing underneath a burning building, but shit! It's not like the building was actually on fire... if it had been, we'd all have huddled 'round the goddamned thing to keep warm!

I woke up this morning and the electricity was in the shitter again. (DxB apparently has some irrational fear of electricians?? Actually, I don't think he ever believes me when I tell him all the crazy crap the power does at night...) Anyway, there was enough juice for the lights, but all appliances, etc., would just barely work. I tried to use the blow dryer, but it would have been more effective to let the dog pant on my head 'til it was dry. There wasn't even enough power to make a goddamned pop tart!

DxB got up and I heard him using his electric shaver in the bathroom (?!?) Then I noticed that the house had that familiar hum of electricity... The power miraculously righted itself and DxB never even knew what happened. (It's bullshit, I tell you!) I'm telling him what happened and he's looking at me like I'm on crack.


Always,
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home