the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mister Twister

Random thoughts while watching VH1 Classic's MTV Day 1. (That would be August 1, 1981)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Rod Stewart - She Won't Dance With Me
Crack Dance

Hanging around Austin, I see a lot of crack-heads (and I'm not just talkin' about my former coworkers.) Anyway, if you've been around these people, you know what the "crack dance" is - the shakey-shake Parkinson's-like tremor. The thing is, that almost invariably, it's women who've got the crack dance. Now I have seen a couple of dudes, but seriously - it's like 90% of the crack dancers I see are females.

The other night on the way home, this gal who was about 70 pounds soaking wet was shimmy-shaking on the side of the road and her man was just standing there kind of holding onto her shoulder to keep her from vibrating right off into the middle of the street. I was driving like 5 mph, 'cause I was afraid she was going to jump right out into traffic. He finally got her turned around and they went off over to the convenience store, her arms and legs a'flailing.

I wondered how old she was. Of course, she looked like she was pushing 50, but I'm betting she was younger than me. Sad.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pat Benatar - You Better Run
Getting Rid of The Boy

3M may be interested in the adhesive properties of MS. I can't get him unstuck. I've tried reason, I've tried screaming, I've even resorted to physical violence. Nothing. The one thing I haven't been able to do is completely shut him out. If I don't answer the phone, he just calls and calls - eventually I break down. Stupid.

Remember the spider and the moth? For a long time I didn't know who was the moth and who was the spider. (It's not so bad you know, 8 legs means 4 pairs of shoes...) I told him I felt like I'd trapped him in a web and now I was giving him a chance to get away. But I think he's comfortable in the sticky silk.

---------------------------------------------------------------

April Wine - Sign Of The Gypsy Queen
On the plains of old Sedona

"I have two houses. Don't you want one?" LEP inherited a house in Arizona. She asked me if there was anything I could do in the desert west. I asked her if there was anything she could do there.

Is this some strange Karmic influence? Didn't I just say something about an eccentric little house in central Austin? Or maybe an eccentric little (okay - that one's not so little...) house in Arizona?

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Cars - Dangerous Type
Responsibilities

This girl I almost knew - she's got two kids. They're far away from her - taken by the state or the relatives or who knows what. She's young, but old enough to know better by now. Her life is a whirlwind of drugs and alcohol and sex and excess. She spends her hard earned cash buying booze and coke for some loser guy she's trying to keep hold of. She spends her hard earned nights having sex in dirty bathroom bars with guys, with girls. Her money goes up her nose or in her veins, and her kids wonder where Mommy is.

And all she wants to do is have fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Split Enz - History Never Repeats

Two and a Half Decades

On August 1st, 1981 I was 13 years old. It was the summer before I entered high school. It was 1 year, 2 months, and 22 days before I became DxB's girlfriend. It was 4 years and 25 days before I started college at Southwest. It was 8 years, 8 months, and 19 days before my Dad died. It was 19 years, 6 months, and 23 days before my Mom died. It was 23 years, 4 months, and 2 days before I fell.


Always,
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home