the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Friday, July 07, 2006

Keep your friends close

but your enemies closer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Myspace Stalking

I was looking at a friend of a friend of a friend's Friend List and I found *Patsy (*names have been changed to protect the blah, blah, blah) - a 37 year old woman from Austin who is interested in friends and dating. She's pretty cute - lots of pics of her in swimsuits and dresses, and one of her in a red and purple "hip hop" outfit that's right from MTV... Patsy's friends list was kind of fun as well, as it was populated almost solely with extremely HOT muscle-bound black dudes. I read a few of Patsy's blog entries and came upon this one:

As a lot of yall know I usually go to [name of club] on Saturday nights....well they are 'changing the format' which really means they are tired of black folks again and are trying to run them off ...it's not the first time they have done it.

Okay. (I don't know how to finish this without seeming racist...) Patsy is white. Not that there's anything wrong with a white gal having a hell of a lot of black friends!!! It's just that the blog entry was a little funny, you know. And seriously... the pic of her in the hip-hop outfit? She looked like a soccer-mom on Halloween. (I'm going to Hell, I know it!) But shit, she's got the market cornered on the hot black men in Austin, so MORE POWER TO HER!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yo-Ho-Hottie! (totally stolen from Moviephone)

We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest today during work. (The boss actually told us to leave to go see it.) At one point I looked over at the girls and MaryA was giggling (Will Tanner), Trani had a lost, dreamy trance-like gaze on her face (Captain Jack), and NRA was sitting forward elbows on her knees with the biggest smile I'd seen on her in a long time (Pirates in general). They were so cute I wanted to take a picture!

The movie was a lot of fun. Typical Disney/Hollywood stuff, but fun. Don't worry, there are no spoilers here, just let me say this: maybe they should have called it Hamsters of the Caribbean.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arbeit macht Frei

The War has escalated. The Axis (RW, Cakes, Soduc and NRA) and the Allies (MaryA, DxB, Trani, and YHA) are fully formed and preparing for battle. The Allies are sending in two senior commanders to talk to the Axis Dictator on Monday. If there is no resolution and no peace accord, bombing will commence on the front lines immediately.

Who's developing the A-bomb? My sources say the Allies have that one wrapped up.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ode to Valium and Oklahoma

Sunrise is meeting ReallyISHerBoyfriend's parents today. I think she's meeting his ENTIRE family, in fact. She said that NO ONE in his family gets divorced. Ever. To me, this means either that those people are damn good at finding their true loves, OR they are living in some fucked up situations! I guess it's a good thing though, no divorce. But really folks... it's weird!

Anyhoo, I hope Sunrise does okay. I'm pretty sure that sometime this weekend I'll get a phone call that is nothing but a streaming litany of fucks and goddamns though, since she's going to try to be a little angel around the fam. Maybe they're not as uptight as we fear. (Maybe they're worse!) God, what if they are worse? What the hell will their wedding be like??? (YHA likes to jump the gun a bit.)

So, I like the boyfriend, and they seem happy. I've only seen one potential red flag with him, and that was when he told me that he wanted Sunrise to cut her hair so she'd look just like his mom. That produced a mild "Eek!" from me. But, I give him props because he admitted it was Freudian, so I'll let it slide. For now.


Have a wonderful weekend,

S

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love capt jack. as a matter of fact a few of my favorite things are capt jack, eye liner, rum, braids, and capt jack. oh yeah, and capt jack in case i forgot to mention that. did i mention capt jack??

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home