the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I must be happy, he said, it is less pleasant than I should have thought.

I've been working on, or rather trying to work on, or really rather, trying to try to work on a piece that you may or may not get to read here. I'm afraid it's a pretty much direct rip off of Beckett. Okay, maybe not a direct rip off, but it's highly, HIGHLY Beckettsian (?!?). I started it not too long after I watched some performances of Beckett's short plays on the telly - specifically, That Time, and you can really see the influence.

I put a snippet of it up on the TVS a while back - I don't remember what title I used for the post (it was originally Safety and Comfort) or when I put it up, and frankly I'm too apathetic to find it and link to it. I suppose I'll keep hammering on it and see where it goes.

There's another thing - more of a germ of an idea as yet - but I want to work on that too. It's just very hard for me to get out of scientific-journal-article mode and into free-expression-of-ideas mode. Practice is what I need, but boy do I hate practicing. . .

Perhaps I should disconnect the goddamn internets.



Always,

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home