the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Oy! The SeaCow Likes It.

I WONDER WHERE THAT FISH COULD BE

You're not going to believe this, but I spent the entire day actually doing work yesterday! Even took my computer home and continued there. I know, I know - what the hell is up with that, you ask... I have the RealFishMan to thank for that one. He sent out a letter on Monday calling for papers for a special edition journal and he wants tentative titles and author lists by next Monday! Arrgh!

RW wants me to do two papers, and I only have data for one so far... I'll get fish in Friday and DrZ and I will start collecting data for the second paper Monday. Yeah... I'll submit the title for the paper before I even start an experiment. This could be bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------

FREMONT STREET: A PICKPOCKET'S WONDERLAND

Last night there was a "National Night Out" party in my neighborhood. I thought it would be an excellent time to rob the neighbors' houses, seeing they were all at the party...

---------------------------------------------------------------

DIE NAZI PUNKS

I have a cold, and that pisses me off. Actually, I think it's an aspiration infection - that is aspiration as in the inhalation of foreign matter into the lungs, not aspiration as in the desire to achieve something great. You know how you inhale spit in the middle of the night, and you wake up KNOWING that you are dying the most painful death possible?? I did that the other night, and now - phlegm city.

But, you know what pisses me off waaayyyy more than inhaling spit and living in phlegm city?

Call-in talk shows.

I don't know what it is about them, but everytime I hear some jackass calling in to talk to a host I want to KILL EVERYONE! I turn absolutely RABID. I have no freakin' idea what that's all about, but I do know that half the time the callers don't have a freakin' point, or if they do they can NEVER seem to get to it. (That was Sheila - the pointless wonder writing that! Talk about irony!) The other half of the time they are just goddamned idiots stammering on and on.

Who calls into those shows anyway? I mean, I was flipping through the channels yesterday and there was some broad who'd called in to QVC to tell them what she'd purchased. The fuck? WHO CARES?? She rambled on with barely any direction as if she was casually talking at a family member. Near boiled my blood. (This is obviously a HUGE problem for me...)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Always,
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home