the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Monday, May 23, 2005

Now you're in the massacre zone

Remember a while back I told you how we'd hired this guy (I think I called him the Serial Killer) to work in the lab and stock center? No one (except Roxie) liked him because he had a really limpy handshake and he would never look at you when you were talking to him. I guess he had been working in a zebrafish stock center at UT but that place was shutting down so he came in looking for a full tme position. I don't know what happened, but instead of doing full-time, he started grad school here. We hired him part time - they were paying him something like $18/hour for 30 hours a week - not bad for a grad student.

He was coming in pretty regularly, then all of a sudden he stopped showing up. I guess Roxie and Ron tried to contact him about it, and this is the email account of that:


Subject: Work Schedule
Date: April 18, 2005
From: Roxie Smeal
To: Richard Nuckles
CC: Ron Walter

Richard,

Is there a reason you have not been in the lab during your scheduled work hours? You will need to come in as soon as you can to discuss this situation with Ron.

Roxie


Subject: RE: Work Schedule
Date: April 19, 2005
From: Richard Nuckles
To: Roxie Smeal


I have been very busy at my other job and I will come in when I can make time for it.




Subject: RE: Work Schedule
Date: April 19, 2005
From: Roxie Smeal
To: Richard Nuckles
CC: Ron Walter


Richard,

We were to understand that your other job had ended. You agreed to work 30 hours per week here, and you have not held up your end of the committment.

I stress that you need to come in and speak to Dr. Walter immediately.

Roxie


Subject: RE: Work Schedule
Date: May 3, 2005

From: Ron Walter
To: Richard Nuckles
CC: Roxie Smeal

Mr. Nuckles,

Roxie has tried repeatedly to contact you regarding your absenteeism. If you have any hope of continuing to work in this laboratory you will need to contact me immediately!

Ron Walter


Subject: RE: Work Schedule
Date: May 12, 2005

From: Richard Nuckles
To: Ron Walter

Dr. Walter,

Frankly I do not feel that it is worth my time to go to your lab. I am interested in doing real science, and from what I have seen, there is NO science at all going on there. Obviously, I will not be interested in continuing to work there, nor am I willing to do my graduate research there. I will be working in a lab which will make a contribution to science instead of just doing a lot of hand waving.

Richard Nuckles


Well, the dude has a wimpy handshake, but his balls are huge???
You know what's even funnier - the lab he's doing his grad research in - you know, the one that will make a "contribution to science"???

WATKINS LAB!!!!

(Oh shit!!! - I think Dawn just dropped dead from hysterics!!)


Always,
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home