the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Monday, April 25, 2005

Don't fuck with me motherfucker.

Well friends, this may be the last JoeToe update ever! (happy dance, happy dance!)

Recall that he is in our lab for a senior-level biochemistry class where each student is supposed to do an independent project in one of the research labs. Last Friday he was bitching about how he thought he'd have an "advantage" working in our lab as compared to the other students, but he realized that everyone else was being spoon-fed and he wasn't. He complained that he had to be too independent and that no one was helping him, and that he was having to go to Dr. B (the professor for the class) for help on his project. I reminded him that he was warned that this was precisely what he was to expect when he started in this lab - warned not only by us, the techs and grad students, but warned by RW himself. He whined that he didn't think that by "independent" we meant that he'd have to be doing everything himself. (Well what in fuck's name do you think. . . oh, nevermind.)

I mentioned to him that we had just given a prospective grad student the same lecture he got when he started in here, and that she was excited about the prospect of working with us. He just whined more about "not getting any help". Ugh. Then I guess he finally processed what I said and he asked about the new grad student. He seemed very perplexed that she was a female, because "...this just doesn't seem to be a field that women go into." (What in fuck's name? Biochemistry? No women? Whatever, dude.) Anyway, he asked me what school she was coming from, and I told her that she got her BS at UT-Austin. He looked aghast, and hollered, "What?!? Why the FUCK would anybody get their Master's degree here??" Man, my head exploded instantly! I yelled (real names warning), "Well I don't know Drew, WHY THE FUCK DID I GET MY GODDAMN DEGREE HERE? WHY DID DXB GET HIS HERE? WHY ARE CAKES, HELLBOY, POOPIE AND TQO GETTING THEIR DEGREES HERE? I GUESS WERE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF FUCKING DUMBASSES IN YOUR FUCKING BOOK. IS THAT RIGHT?? AND RW? HE'S ON THE GRADUATE FACULTY. WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT, RIGHT?" I stormed out of the room - he just fucking totally sent me off the edge. Every goddamned time he opens his oversized yap, something fucking offensive, stupid or insulting comes out. JESUS! (okay, it's not like I think the degree program here is that freakin' outstanding, but seriously - you just can't go saying shit like that!)

After he went to lunch, we were all standing in the lab just saying what the fuck. . . How are we going to get rid of this turd?? I was feeling like a shithead, so I went over to the thermal cycler where he had his experiment going, and I took his precious samples out, threw them in the trash, and replaced them with plain old water! His experiment was kind of pointless, and he hadn't gotten anything to work yet anyway, so I figured what the hell? Everybody was like, "HELL YEAH!!" when I did it. Unfortunately, I had to leave, so I wasn't able to see what happened when he ran his gel only to see NO BANDS, but my lab mates said he was in there looking VERY agitated, and he left the lab in a huff. He hasn't been back since!

I was all ready to tell him that the reason no one was willing to help him was because of shit like the degrees remark. He's managed to piss off every single person in this lab on multiple occasions and there was NO WAY he could expect people he'd treated so horribly to turn around and be helpful to him. Oh well.

Always,
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home