the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

There goes the neighborhood

There's this woman who lives at the back end of the neighborhood who is a fitness freak. She's in excellent shape, all blonde and perfect, and she's always jogging past the house. Not unusual, except for the fact that the reason I even noticed her at all was the fact that she was jogging while she was very pregnant.

She had some kind of serious strappage to support her stomach, which I'm sure she bought at one of those running stores that your humble author will NEVER see the inside of. Anyway, we'd see her getting larger every day but never letting up on her fitness routine. (She runs all the way down to the highway and back, so she's doing at least 5 miles a day.)

So eventually, I didn't see her for like a week. Then, sure as shit, she was back - tummy flat now, and running with a freaking stroller!! Jesus!!



Always,
S

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This woman's uterus is going to fall out and get trampled by her own two feet! I am sure that her GYN is going to gouge her twat for thirty minutes to try to find that sucker! Or, Maybe she faked the pregnancy and stole the child. Sounds very suspicious!

1:40 PM  
Blogger JT said...

Many years ago, when I was running, there was a woman in the area I was stationed in at the time who was very fast and usually won the road races she ran in. She actually won a 10K race while seven months pregnant.

A captain I was stationed with at my first assignment (many, many years ago) told me about a woman in the housing area on base who was extremely pregnant who ran every day, until she couldn't. She was in labor for 20 minutes.

It's possible to run while pregnant. It's just necessary to pay attention to what your body is telling you, and if it tells you to stop, you stop. Some women can run all the way up to The Day. Some can't.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home