the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Act 2 - The Return

Main Entry: dra·ma

Pronunciation: 'drä-m&, 'dra-
Function: noun

3a : a state, situation, or series of events involving interesting or intense conflict of forces

---------------------------------------------------------------

HB has gotten back together with his ex - sort of. This is the ex that left him for a guy half her age, then called the cops on HB - all that crazy bullshit. I'm not sure what to think of this situation. I got the feeling that HB really wanted me to meet her, but I was pretty reluctant. I can't get the image of him crying over her out of my head. But, I relented and I met her (briefly) last week. She seemed really nice, but afterwards, HB told me they'd had two bottles of champagne before I got there. Hmmm... Earlier in the week HB told me how adversely alcohol affected her and how she said she was going to stop drinking. He even promised her he would quit if she did. (This seems to be a common theme with these friends of mine, doesn't it?)

I guess the guy she left him for turned out to be a complete psychopath. He's been leaving threatening messages, and all kinds of crazy crap. At one point, I think he made a threat to kill her and her ex (not HB, another one) if he found out she'd gone over to the ex's house. HB is trying to help her get stuff together for a restraining order or assault charge - I'm not really sure. The most cracked out thing though, is this: Today I called and asked what they were doing. He said they were at a friend's house getting ready to BBQ. I asked which friend, and he said they were at her ex's. (Okay, I'm getting confused here too - not the psychopath ex, but the other one - the one who's house she was not supposed to go to lest the psychopath kill everyone... I think...) Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah - the bar-be-cue. He said, "Yeah, we're going to be here for a while, do you want to come over?" Well, let me think about that for a half a millisecond. . .

Oh.

Hell.

NO!

I mean, I like a little chaos - that's fine. Someone drinking too much and puking all night? No problem! Someone using a little (I said a little) white powder? No problem! A boy and girl getting in an argument and someone gets slapped? No problem! But THREATS TO KILL? I got a little problem with that y'all! I like my chaos of the "misdemeanor" type - I've gotta draw the line at FELONY chaos!


Always,

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home