the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fortunata



Madame Sosostris, famous clairvoyante,
Had a bad cold, nevertheless
Is known to be the wisest woman in Europe,
With a wicked pack of cards.
Here, said she,
Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,
(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)
Here is Belladonna, The Lady of the Rocks, The lady of situations.
Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,
And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card,
Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,
Which I am forbidden to see.
I do not find The Hanged Man.
Fear death by water.

The Waste Land - T.S. Eliot (1922)



LIBRA (4/19/06): It may be time to give something up to get something better. Sacrifice to grow. Someone in your life is afraid that the more independent you become, the less you'll need them. Encourage that person to find their own way, and not to be afraid as you both fully develop as separate people.


Hmmm...


Always,
S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home