the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Like a fucked up face



You can always tell where you are by the way the road looks. Like I Just know that I been to this place before. I Just know that I been stuck here like this one fuckin' time before, you know that? There ain't no other road on earth that looks like this road. I mean, exactly like this road. One of a kind. Like someone's face. Like a fucked up face... Once you see it, even for a second, you remember it, and you better not forget it, you gotta remember people and who they are, right? Friends and enemies. You gotta remember the road and where it is too... - Mike Waters, My Own Private Idaho

The thing they don't tell you - the thing you don't learn until it's too late to do you any good - is that the road is a circle.







Alright fine you wanna be in a band fine. Go ahead. Play everynight. Play three times a night! Don't just dick around the same coffee house for five years. Don't dick around with her; or with me. I mean try at something for once in your life, do something about it. But you know what? You better do it now and you better do it fast because the world doesn't owe you any favors. - Lelaina Pierce, Reality Bites

This weekend, fourteen years ago, I moved to Houston. Fourteen. Amazing. Things were much brighter then - sparkling - was the word that was used yesterday. We lived like classic Gen-Xer's. Overeducated, underpaid twentysomethings - not really interested in "making a difference" - just trying to make it. We were so confused, so disinterested, so blissfully disgruntled. And what's different now - fourteen years later? Overeducated? Underpaid? Confused, disinterested, disgruntled? What do you think?

Always,

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home