the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Saturday, April 29, 2006

an understanding

Do you remember when you laid your head upon his shoulder and he said she’s safe in my arms where she belongs? Remember his eyes, green glass, his young old face and you laid your head upon his shoulder and he said. A sleeping young old face, you paused - a thought, a passing of time insignificant overwhelming. Do you remember when he told you that you belonged to him? And you said? Said what.

I belong to me


Do you remember when you laid your head upon his shoulder and you said I miss you? What more did you say but not say. His eyes – remember, blue cold warm water, remember? And did you say – can you not remember? Said everything in nothing. Close in, far, away. Cold warm again you laid your head upon his shoulder. Did you say nothing? Said what.

I understand


Do you remember when you laid your head upon his shoulder. So many times now far more than infinity. Safety and comfort. What have you ever said? So much more and so much less than infinity. And his eyes – those eyes – familiar comfort. Blue-green changing with the day night sky. Safe in those arms where you belong. And you watch the passing of the day night sky so much longer than infinity. And what did you say? Said what.

I will stay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home