the veiled sibyl

I have heard and said more inanities, since you took me in tow, than in all the rest of my life.

My Photo
Name:

like a dripping faucet

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Extremely Lame Post

PREMIUM!

So how much does gas cost where you live? I scored Sunday and found 93 octane for LESS THAN THREE BUCKS!! Yeah, baby - $2.99! Only cost me 45 dollars to fill the Z. That's what I'm talkin' about.

What I don't get is when the price of gas goes up dramatically, why doesn't the price of other petroleum products go up as well? I fully expected to pay something like 12 bucks for a plastic shower curtain liner this weekend, but was shocked to see they were still a bargain at $1.99.



Hmm...

Take a vinegar bottle. A one gallon vinegar bottle:


And a PREMIUM (unleaded) vinyl shower curtain liner:



Now measure the VOLUME of the liner by stuffing it into the bottle:

Hmm, easier said than done...

IDEA!



Box Cutter to the rescue!



I am so smart! S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T!



Stuff the liner in:




VOILA! The volume of a shower curtain liner is...



ONE GALLON!

So we have, a one-gallon PREMIUM unleaded shower curtain liner at $1.99 versus one gallon of PREMIUM unleaded gasoline at $2.99...

The choice is obvious:





Hmm... what's next?



Think that'll void the warranty?




Always,
S

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree the choice is obvious. You are such a scientist. Good pictures.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home